1. Open up the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android phone and post the story. Once it's posted, a circle will appear around your profile picture.
2. To delete a frame of the story, first tap on your profile picture to view your story. Then, tap on the screen to move through the various frames of the story until you get to the one that you want to delete.
3. Select the "More" tab in the bottom right corner.
Select "More" to delete this frame.
Kelly Laffey/Business Insider
4. A menu will pop up. Select "Delete."
Select "Delete" from the pop-up menu.
5. Instagram will ask if you're sure you want to delete the frame of your story. Select "Delete" to permanently remove it from your story. Deleting a frame removes only that one specific frame – all subsequent photos will remain in the story.
6. To delete your entire story, repeat the above process to delete each individual frame in your story.